Brentor, Nr Tavistock, West Devon
5m N of Tavistock
This spectacularly situated small church is located on the summit of a tor on Dartmoor and is a well know landmark for miles around – on a clear day Plymouth Sound can be seen.
The earliest record of the church is around 1150 although the church as it stands today is probably largely 13th century with 15th century alterations and tower.
Rather romantically the church is still lit by gas lights and contains a 15th century octagonal font, a 19th century pulpit and contemporary benches and altar rail. It has a fine east window by James Paterson dated 1971 and one lancet window only in the north and south sides.